Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin / Litecoin / Ethereum ..etc) ain’t user friendly yet, so you should be aware of fraud!
- The most important thing is your "Private Key" it is important that these are kept secure. (Private key may be numbers and letters or file)
- Never enter your private keys, passwords, sensitive data on a website that you were sent via message here, Double check URL (e.g myetherwallet.com legit but myetherwalliet .com SCAM)
- Always verify that the site you landed on is legit, Especially if you are about to enter your private key or download an app/Wallet
- Don't give anyone (folksunknown) access to your entire computer by teamviewer, especially on a computer with keys on them.
- Make a backup of your wallet/private-key, Online/Offline such as paper, cloud, email ... etc, and you should encrypt your wallet with passphrase, if your Wallet is stolen or otherwise exposed, the balance on the wallet is safe unless the passphrase used to encrypt the wallet is guessed.
- Exchanges (like bittrex/poloniex) SAFE but isn't fully safe as you think, they owns your money (private keys)
Why exchanges not fully safe? 1. exchanges can't stop getting hacked 2. may goes out of business Suddenly, so keep coins on exchanges ONLY WHEN you are trading.
- Be aware of fraud (use your brain)